Job Title: Project Engineer
Job Salary: 55k-70k negotiable
Job Sector: Civil / Structural Engineering
Job Ref: 3493
The Project Engineer offers technical information to the Project Manager to insure work complies with applicable codes, drawings and specifications. The Project Engineer may coordinate change orders, expedite material and job site equipment, assist in the preparation of estimates, and compile data to assist in analyzing project progress.
- Perform project start up duties.
- Coordinate and supervise subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Maintain document and project controls including preparation of:
- Daily reports
- Cost codings
- Time and material requests
- Progress payment requests
- Provide technical support in construction planning, quality control, interpretation of design, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, and constructability reviews to ensure successful job completion.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Develop and maintain all job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance.
- Review and monitor accounts payable, subcontracts and time sheets.
- Facilitate job site meetings.
- Track Project Labor Costs and Equipment.
- Assemble project schedules.
- Perform job closeout duties.
- Update daily diary.
- Perform independent analysis of change orders.
- Some duties may carryover from the Field Engineer level.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar area would be preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
3-5 years of experience as a Project Engineer preferably in a construction environment.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer and an employee-owned company.
Experience working on airport construction projects is a plus.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Must have a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others is essential
- Excellent writing, presentation, and computer skills.
- First Aid Trained
- CPR/AED Trained
- OSHA 10 Trained
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Certified QSP for SWPPP
- Proficiency in reading Standard Plans and Specs
- Proficiency in Reading P6 Schedules
- Proficiency in Blue Beam, Sketch Up and Build2Win
- Must be proficient in material takeoffs
- Thoroughly understand document controls
- Must work in Estimating department for a minimum of 4 months
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Other requirements may apply
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Highly Organized
- Problem Solving
- Results Driven
- Process Oriented
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal & Written)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
- successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to stand and walk at construction jobsites
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time
- Must frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Relocation assistance will be provided to candidates outside of the local area on a case-by-case basis.
Opus Career Management is the leading A/E/C recruitment firm who specialize in permanent, direct hire recruiting for senior and intermediate level candidates throughout the US.