Job Title: Project Manager
Job Salary: 80k-105k negotiable
Job Sector: Civil / Structural Engineering
Job Ref: 3492
The Project Manager is responsible for overall administrative and technical direction on projects. The Project Manager will plan, direct and coordinate engineering and scheduling activities of designated projects.
- Plan, organize and manage the field team with the Division Manager and Estimator.
- Establish project objectives with the Division Manager.
- Implement established corporate policies and procedures, including EEO and Affirmative Action responsibilities.
- Represent company by initiating and maintaining liaison with primary owner representatives.
- Attend weekly owner meetings.
- Monitor and control construction through administrative direction of on-site superintendents to insure project is built on schedule, within budget, and meets all minority obligations.
- Manage all job administration and contract documentation with owner, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Overall management of the financial aspects of contract, including job cost reports, billings, budget changes, change order, accounts payable processing and collections.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before submitting to client.
- Effectively applies Griffith methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure to risk on project.
- Provide safety and quality control management
- Maintain accurate forecasting and management of budgets
- Managing subcontractors and project team (subordinates)
- Resolution of problems involving labor disputes, material deliveries and contracts/subcontract administration
- Oversee document control and coordination of subcontractors
- Initialize baseline schedule and ensure accuracy/integrity of Project Schedule
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree would be preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and an employee-owned company.
- Must have fulfilled all requirements under Level 1 Assistant Project Manager
- Proven experience in people management
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in risk management
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Must have a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of public contract code
- Excellent writing, presentation, and computer skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in identifying changes on projects
- An understanding of production is required
- Must be proficient in project projections
- Must be proficient in Build2Win.
- Must have a thorough understanding of estimating
- Must have an understanding of time impact analysis and time related overhead
- Must have an understanding of critical path and track delays.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Other requirements may apply
- Project Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Highly Organized
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management/Work-In-Progress Analysis
- Results Driven
- Process Oriented
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal & Written)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to stand and walk at construction jobsites
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time
- Must frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Relocation assistance will be provided to candidates outside of the local area on a case-by-case basis.
Opus Career Management is the leading A/E/C recruitment firm who specialize in permanent, direct hire recruiting for senior and intermediate level candidates throughout the US.